Wall Street & Technology is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Credit-Risk Management is Ripe for Centralization Meridien Research Sees the Future of Credit Risk Management in a component-based approach.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * SunGard Trading partners with Alpha Strategies to develope multi-factor portfolio-risk analysis for its Panorama solution.
* Kamakura releases Version 4.0 of its KRM risk management solution.
* The Professional Risk Managers' International Association forms a new regional chapter in Brazil.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * Global regulatory initiatives are driving the industry to take a unified approach to credit-risk management.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * Spending on risk-management technology is expected to outpace spending growth in most other areas of technology for the financial-service industry.
* Barra launches an enhanced version of its Aegis System for investment managers.
* JPMorgan deploys Application Networks' JRisk solution to develop its Credit Market risk-management system.
IT CHALLENGE In light of Sept. 11, mirroring data may be the way Wall Street firms ensure they can bounce back from a disaster.
THE BEAT ON THE STREET Financials Group Equity Research is not recommending Instinet or Island until there is further consolidation among electronic-communication networks; Celent Communications forecasts $4.1 billion to be spent on information technology 2002; The path to advancement in the technology field begins close to home; Financial institutions have to make technology enhancements to their risk-management systems in order to comply with the impending regulatory requirements.
The Internet and Private Banking Lyon Hardgrave is a first-year MBA student at Wharton, whose paper, "The Internet and Private Banking," recently one top prize in the Capco/Wharton Essay Contest. Read why Hardgrave's ideas about the Internet's potential to restructure the industry caught the attention of the judges.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * IBM launches a new application and data continuity service to safeguard customer networks, provide back-up systems for data and uninterrupted access to that data.
* Dr. Stephen Figlewski and Dr. Stephen Kealhofer join the Blue Ribbon Advisory Panel of the Professional Risk Managers' International Association.
* The International Swaps and Derivatives Association calls for participation for the Equity Derivatives Working group for the Financial-products Markup Language standard.
The Buy Side Picks Up the Risk-Management Pace Fidelity works with Algorithmics to leverage risk management technology for its investment management needs.
Charting a New Course Financial services companies are re-assessing their relationships with Big-Five IT-consulting units as fallout from the Arthur Andersen-Enron accounting scandal raises questions about paying lucrative consulting fees to auditors that perform a dual role.
Barra Releases Enhanced Risk System for Fund Managers Barra's latest Cosmos release is updated with new credit models for EMU, U.K. and U.S. markets.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * SunGard is set to acquire Guardian iT.
* The Bank of England, HM Treasury and the Financial Service Authority team up to launch a Web site to provide advice on business-continuity planning.