Wall Street & Technology is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Barra Launches Information Site for Investment Managers Barra Vantage information source to offer users both quantitative and qualitative data for investment managers.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * Henderson Global Investors is implementing Xenomorph for enterprise-wide risk management of derivatives in its investment product range.
* Lipper and Barra team up to jointly develop a mutual fund risk analysis tool for investment professionals.
* The Professional Risk Managers' International Association forms two new regional chapters in Mexico and the Ukraine.
From Connectivity to Continuity: Lehman Leverages Its Client Portal for Disaster Recovery E-commerce technology leads to improved disaster recovery at Lehman Brothers.
Basel II May a Few Years Away, But Technology Work Shouldn't Be Put Off Meridien Research's Deborah Williams discusses some of the technology implications Basel II and what financial services firms should be doing to prepare.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * Palisade releases version 4.5 of @Risk desktop.
* Ascent Financial Technologies and Banco BBA customize and implement analytics from Financial Engineering Associates.
* SunGard acquires Kronos Software.
Goldman Sachs To Offer Derivatives Trading and Risk Services to its Prime Brokerage Clients Prime Brokerage clients can access Deriviatives.com functionality for improved derivatives trading and risk management.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * The Boards of Allied Irish Banks PLC and Allfirst Financial met to hear the results of an investigation by Eugene Ludwig who was hired to look into $700 million currency trading losses by Allfirst trader John Rusnak.
* SunGard Trading and Risk appoints Michael Clarke senior vice president of its SunGard Collateral operating unit.
* Dr. Constantine Thanassoulas joins the Professional Risk Managers International Association's Blue Ribbon Advisory Panel.
RISK-MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY * Wall Street Access offers Risk Analyzer risk analysis tools to its customers.
* Oliver, Wyman & Company forms a relationship with OpRisk Analytics to provide clients with operational risk consulting, data and software.
DTCC HAS A VISION OF THE FUTURE: A World Without Reclaims John Kiechle, DTCC director of strategy implementation, lays out the depository's plans to help the industry reach T+1. However, the long-term goal of eliminating reclaims is a touchy subject with some industry insiders who fear such a model would increase their level of risk.