Linux System Administrator
Cognitive Capital LLC
Chicago, Illinois | Posted: April 1, 2014
JOB DESCRIPTIONREQUIRED SKILLS
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
• Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration.
• Understands a UNIX-based operating system.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language.
• Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of C programs.
• Familiarity with Windows Server.
• A minimum of 3 years of sys
• A degree in computer science or related field.
• Programming background in any applicable language.
• Familiarity with SAN, iSCSI and other network based storage solutions.
• Experience with: Symantec BackupExec, Kickstart, CFEngine, RPM package builds, maintaining a local yum repository, Hadoop, OpenNMS.
Additional InfoABOUT COGNITIVE CAPITAL
Cognitive Capital, LLC is a proprietary trading firm based in Chicago that adds value to capital markets by providing liquidity through its automated trading technology. Cognitive Capital fosters an ethical, data-driven, and collaborative culture that focuses on building robust, scalable systems.
• Helps design, build, implement, and maintain complex local and wide-area networks of machines.
• Provides technical assistance, and coverage to a small, complex site & wide area network.
• Works under general direction from development, and IT team members.
• Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Cognitive Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Salary||Compensation is based upon experience.|
|Categories||Systems Administration & Support|