Cognitive Capital, LLC
Chicago, Illinois | Posted: February 6, 2014
• Propose trading strategies and algorithm enhancements.
• Define and implement data collection and data acquisition methods.
• Perform statistical analyses to verify and optimize innovations and enhancements to trading models.
• Write functional requirements documentation for use by software developers.
• Collaborate closely with software developers in specification process and participate in software testing to ensure successful implementation of functional requirements.
• Monitor trading performance and devise improvements.
• Graduate degree in statistics, math, science, or another quantitative discipline; PhD preferred.
• Highly proficient in statistics.
• Experience developing financial models.
• Experience with high-frequency and/or automated trading is a plus.
• Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of financial markets experience.
• Experience with C++, Perl and SQL; familiar with Linux or UNIX.
• Highly motivated.
Cognitive Capital, LLC seeks a financial engineer to develop, implement, and enhance algorithms and trading strategies for its automated trading system. The successful candidate will join the team of existing financial engineers. In addition to possessing excellent analytical and technical skills, the successful candidate will be a creative problem solver, a clear communicator, and a strong team player.
ABOUT COGNITIVE CAPITAL
Cognitive Capital, LLC is a proprietary trading firm that adds value to capital markets by providing liquidity through its automated trading technology. The firm’s financial engineers and software developers create and implement the algorithms and software used to execute the firm’s trading strategies. Cognitive Capital fosters an ethical, data-driven, and collaborative culture that focuses on building robust, scalable systems.
Cognitive Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Salary||Salary and bonus based on qualifications and performance.|
|Categories||Data Management, Quantitative|